Dr. J. Luke Wood and Dr. Frank Harris III provide professional development training opportunities through the Center for Organizational Responsibility and Advancement (CORA). This includes keynote speeches, day-long trainings, workshops, and extensive online training.
Common Speaking Topics Include:
- - Men of Color in Community Colleges: An Overview of Research and Trends
- - Teaching Men of Color in Community Colleges
- - Counseling and Advising Men of Color in Community Colleges
- - Equity Inquiry and Planning for Men of Color in Community Colleges
- - The Effects of Racial Microaggressions on the Success of College Men of Color
- - Creating Conditions that Foster Engagement Among College Men of Color
- - Institutional Responsibility and the Success of College Men of Color
- - Successful Practices for Conducting Inquiry on College Men of Color
- - The Influence of Masculinities on Student Success for Men of Color
Drs. Frank Harris III and J. Luke Wood are Co-Directors of the Minority Male Community College Collaborative (M2C3), a national research and practice center that partners with community colleges to support their capacity in advancing outcomes for men of color. M2C3 houses the National Consortium on College Men of Color (NCCMC) which host trainings, information sharing sessions, and provides resources to colleges with initiatives and programs supporting college men of color. Collectively, their work has been featured in several high profile media outlets, including: Diverse Issues in Higher Education, the New York Times, Chronicle of Higher Education, Inside Higher Ed, CNN, KUSI– San Diego, Fox 5 – San Diego, KPBS, the National Press Club, and the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans.
Contact: Dr. Bridget Herrin