A faculty assessment inventory to inform professional development needs for instructional faculty who teach in community colleges.
- Evaluates 14 areas of teaching and learning practice that have demonstrated an intensified benefit for underserved student success
- An online questionnaire distributed to full-time and part-time instructional faculty
- Validated with a sample of 1,775 faculty members from randomly selected community colleges
- Has been employed with faculty at over 170 community colleges throughout the nation
Deliverables – A faculty report detailing recommendations for professional development with a focus on teaching and learning practices based on threshold scores from national benchmarks. Data are disaggregated by time status (e.g., full-time tenured, full-time tenure track, full-time non-tenure track, part-time teaching here only, part-time teaching at multiple institutions) and level (e.g., developmental education, general education, major required courses, multiple categories).
- Xiong, S., Delgado., N., Wood, J. L., & Harris III, F. (2016). Content validation: Community College Instructional Development Inventory (CCIDI). San Diego, CA: Community College Equity Assessment Lab (CCEAL).